Bring people in your organization together with DiscoverMe®
- Customizable employee talent profiles
- Expertise search and advanced people finder
- Skill recommendations and endorsements
- Custom reports from DiscoverMe® profile data
- Predefined skill lists for every industry and business function
- SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016, and SharePoint Online
DiscoverMe® is the best way to create an accurate, comprehensive skills profile for every employee in your company.
- Wouldn't you like to have a single source of truth where you could see the skills and talents of each employee? What if it could be easy to find and connect with the experts in your company? Would your employees feel more connected if they could recognize colleagues contributions and be recognized by others?
- Today, employees in large organizations are in silos with no way to find out who knows what. Investments are made in communication and collaboration technologies but if a person wants to use these tools to solve a problem, there is no way to find out who to ask. Employees may have several different profiles in various applications, but none are easy to fill out and free text entry screens lead to inconsistent and incomplete profile data.
Wouldn't you like to have a single source where you could see the skills and talents of each worker?
What if you could easily find and connect with the experts in your complany? Wouldn't your workers feel more connected if they could recognize colleague's contributions and be recognized by others? Watch a five-minute video for a short overview of DiscoverMe®
Today, workers in large organizations are in silos with no way to find out who knows what. Investments are made in communication and collaboration technologies, but if a person wants to use these tools to solve a problem there is no way to find out who to ask. Workers may have several different profiles in various applications, but none are easy to fill out and free text entry screens lead to inconsistent and incomplete profile data.
Research indicates that workers place high importance on finding people and their areas of knowledge when using enterprise search.
Deployed as an add-in for Microsoft SharePoint, DiscoverMe® provides a single place where workers can fill out a rich, skills based profile to make their knowledge and know-how available for anybody in the company to find. DiscoverMe® includes predefined skill lists to make it easy for workers to add relevant skills to a profile. With complete and consistent DiscoverMe® profiles, people can quickly find the experts they need to solve problems and stop wasting time looking for information.
Workers want to find colleagues in search results
Which information areas are most important?
DiscoverMe® Feature Set
- DiscoverMe® separates itself from competing solutions with rich/immersive user profiles and a powerful skills search. The integration to the company’s Active Directory system is also an advantage for both person data and single-sign-on. The flexible search capabilities allow users to search for one or more skills in a single query to find individuals with the perfect combination of skills. Searches for a single skill are ranked by skill level to immediately surface the experts. Search is easy to learn with both parametric and free-text search options in the query builder.
- DiscoverMe® provides granular security and visibility controls using both role-based permissions groups as well as controls to selectively filter what information is shown to which users at the individual skills category level.
- DiscoverMe® is fully mobile-responsive for both user UI and admin UI. It’s meant to be useful for those in the field with a tablet or phone as well as for those who work from a traditional office environment on a laptop or desktop.
- Create a scale of Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced, 1-5, or anything that suits the needs of your organization
Configurable employee skill self-assessment ratings
- Jump-start the creation of a skills taxonomy that is specific to an organization with pre-defined taxonomies for every industry vertical and business functional area
Access to the WAND Inc Taxonomy Library
- Employees can recognize eachother on their profiles
- DiscoverMe® provides options for any user to provide a recommendation as well as 1-click endorsements for any skill on the their profile
Skill recommendations and endorsements
- Find other employees in an organization based on their skills
- Integration with any SIP based collaboration or messaging system
- Launch collaboration directly from profile search results
- There is no built-in function or feature for doing this so it might need to move to the ‘custom reports’ sub-section.
- DiscoverMe® provide complete flexibility for how a skill level or assessment is defined so there are options for assessing based on numerical values, hours/duration, certification status, or something fun to encourage gamification and skill level badges (aka “Rockstar”, “Guru”, “Supreme”).
Set a baseline of skill level and monitor employee growth over time
- DiscoverMe® doesn’t actually provide definitions for each term/skill from the term store so we have to be careful about that claim. In addition, the user profile fields or data placeholders are mostly hard-coded and not currently configurable – for example, profile includes name, title, about me, email, skype, location, phone, interests, ask me about, skills, and recommendations. The data within those hard-coded fields is, of course, fully customizable.
- Define categories of skills to collect on a department by department basis to ensure that each employee is choosing from skills that are relevant to their job
Advanced skills based employee talent profiles
- Create using Microsoft Power BI or your preferred business intelligence application
- DiscoverMe® provides ability to export skills data for ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Might include some ideas for custom reports such as skills inventory per category, skills analysis per location, skills growth over time, skills gaps relative to job descriptions, skills densities per department, profile activity per month, strongest vs. weakest profiles based on skill additions, etc.
Custom reports from DiscoverMe® profile data
Extensible, Controlled, Skills Management and Discovery
Tell others about your expertise easily, securely & consistently.
DiscoverMe® extends existing data sources keeping master data in the appropriate HR, Project and Directory systems.
DiscoverMe® respects individual privacy and company policy; it allows people to securely share information they choose to share with colleagues.
Find & contact people in your place of work who have specific expertise.
DiscoverMe® allows your company to make much better use of people’s skills simply by letting others know what they are.
DiscoverMe® utilises WAND Inc taxonomies; predefined terms for describing people’s skills, delivering ease of use and consistent classification
Features & Benefits
DiscoverMe® enables people to share their knowledge with colleagues quickly, easily and when it is most needed. Discover your untapped tacit knowledge base.
WAND Inc Taxonomies to fast-track DiscoverMe®
Jump-start the creation of a skills taxonomy that is specific to your company with pre-defined taxonomies for every industry vertical and business functional area.
To find out more, click the WAND Inc website image to open their website in a new tab.
Enhanced employee talent profiles
Completely configurable field definitions for skills, experience, qualifications, certifications and more.
Define categories of skills to group by department or role.
Associate categories and definitions with specific groups to simplify profile updating.
More than just a collection of skills for their primary job role, user profiles can be further enriched by adding categories for identifying aspirational/developmental skills, volunteer roles, mentoring expertise, hobbies and interests, and more to build a 360 degree view of the person
Enhanced taxonomy management
DiscoverMe® supports taxonomy change over time.
DiscoverMe® enables import of term sets to/from the SharePoint term store, including synonyms and custom properties.
DiscoverMe® uses industry standard SKOS taxonomy format to support metadata integration with other taxonomy management systems.
DiscoverMe® will honor and search synonyms for terms defined in the SharePoint term store.
WAND Inc specializes in developing precise and best-in-class taxonomies covering a wide variety of domains. WAND Inc Taxonomies are available for licensing in applications that have a need to better organize data and content. WAND Inc follows the ANSI/NISO Z39.19 standard for taxonomy development. Our methodologies include leveraging taxonomy development experts, domain research, and customer feedback to develop vocabularies that offer a clear knowledge representation for any given domain. We analyze user behavior whenever possible to augment vocabularies with new concepts or terminology. Finally, we leverage proprietary software and computational linguistic techniques to assist our human editors in creating the best taxonomies possible.
WAND Inc Taxonomies can be used in more than 150 common enterprise applications and are available through the WAND Inc Taxonomy Library Portal.
Business Glossaries are a critical ingredient to data catalog initiatives and for effective data analysis in an organization. A business glossary ensures that data elements are labeled correctly so accurate analysis can take place.
Now, WAND Inc has taken our decades of experience building best-in-class taxonomies and applied this expertise to the challenge of providing high quality, pre-defined business glossaries. We capture the important measurable, trackable, and traceable elements that may be found in data tables and provide definitions for each.
WAND Inc Business Glossaries can be imported into a wide variety of commercial business glossary and data catalog applications so you can quickly begin to get insights from your data.
- WAND Inc Human Resources Glossary
- WAND Inc PPI Glossary
- WAND Inc Sales and Marketing Glossary